In Sellercloud, Warehouses can be with or without bins. By default, new warehouses do not include bins – products are simply stored in the warehouses. By enabling bins for a warehouse, you unlock additional functionality like sorting products, transferring inventory, and more.
The Enforce Bins on Selected Warehouses setting allows you to enable bin management for specific warehouses. Not all warehouses should include bins – for example, you should never enable bins for FBA warehouses.
Enable Bin Functionality
To enable or disable warehouse bin functionality for a warehouse:
- Go to Inventory > Warehouses > Manage Warehouses.
- Find and click the warehouse.
- Click Actions and select Enable/Disable Inventory managed strictly per bin.
- Optionally, you can click Download Existing Bins to download a spreadsheet with existing bins and products.
- Check or uncheck Inventory Managed Strictly Per Bin to enable or disable the setting.
- Enter your password and click Confirm. Note that this is a permanent option, and you can’t go back.
You can create bins from the Sellercloud interface or from your handheld Skustack device. You can also create bins in bulk from the Skustack Admin portal. Learn more.
To create a new bin from Sellercloud:
- Go to Inventory > Warehouses > Manage Warehouse Bins.
- Click the Add New Bin icon.
- Complete the following details:
- Bin Is Sellable – Mark the bin as sellable or non-sellable. Product quantity stored in non-sellable bins is not included in the quantity available for sale.
- Bin Name – Enter the name of the bin. It’s recommended that you name your bins alphanumerically and avoid spaces in the name. Instead, use dashes (-) or underscores (_).
- Warehouse – Choose the warehouse to create the bin.
- Location Region – Choose the Location. Locations are physical areas or sections designated for specific purposes such as storage, packing, shipping, or receiving. Locations can be differentiated based on various factors such as product type, size, weight, or demand.
- Bin Type – Refer to the table below for a definition of each bin type.
- Location Notes – Add notes or warnings about the location.
- Primary Bin – Designate the bin as primary. Keep this box unchecked to create a secondary bin.
- Unit Capacity – Specify how many units can fit in this bin.
- Dimensions – Enter the bin’s physical dimensions.
Refer to the list below for a definition of each bin type:
- Normal bin – Regular bins where you store inventory.
- Assemble – When picking components to assemble Kit Products, they go into the assemble bin. When you assemble the kit, it deducts from the assembly bin.
- DisAssemble – When disassembling a kit, you can choose a DisAssemble bin to put the items into.
- Picking – The picking bin is created by the system, with a unique picking bin for every warehouse. When an item is picked from a bin, it is automatically transferred to a Picking bin.
- PutAway – When creating a putaway list, all the products on the list get transferred to the putaway bin and are transferred out when put away.
- Receiving – When receiving RMA’s or POs, the items can be received in this bin before being transferred to your normal storage bins.
- Temp – When assembling a kit, if you don’t specify where the kit should go, we put it into the temp bin.
Disable or Re-Enable Bins
You can disable specific warehouse bins. Disabled bins will not be usable or appear in any related options in Sellercloud or Shipbridge. You can re-enable disabled bins at any time, and they will be usable again immediately.