Check out warehouse management in our Delta interface!
Watch this video on warehouse management in Sellercloud’s Alpha interface.
Understanding warehouse management
Sellercloud tracks inventory quantities stored at multiple warehouses. You can add as many warehouses as necessary, and the inventory will be tracked per warehouse.
Types of warehouses
|Normal Warehouse||The most common type of warehouse. Refers to a typical in-house facility in which you store your products.|
|FBA Warehouse||Is associated with products that are stored at an Amazon Fulfillment Center.|
|Interim Warehouse||Represents inventory that is in-transit between two warehouses, like between a Normal warehouse and an FBA Warehouse. This means that when shipping a product from your Normal warehouse to an FBA center, Sellercloud will track your shipment by placing it in the Interim warehouse. When Sellercloud is notified by Amazon that the shipment has been received, the inventory will automatically transfer into the FBA warehouse.
You can create multiple Interim warehouses to be assigned to different shipments. For example, you can create an Interim warehouse called “In transit to FBA warehouse for FBA” and another interim warehouse named “Company Truck” for use when transferring inventory from one physical warehouse location to another.
|DropShip Warehouse||Is typically used for vendor feeds. Inventory in the dropship warehouse will not be included in weighted average calculations for average cost.|
|Untested Warehouse||Inventory in this warehouse will not be included in the backorder calculation. This warehouse will not be available under Warehouse Inventory Transfers requests when choosing from and to warehouses.|
|NewEgg Warehouse||Is related to products stored at NewEgg fulfillment center. Shipped by Newegg.com (SBN) is a fulfillment service that is both efficient and price-conscious. There are three steps required to use this feature. You will need to:
For more information on how to do so, read the instructions provided in this article.
|WFS||It is associated with products that are stored at a WFS warehouse.|
Sellable and unsellable warehouses
- Warehouse marked as Sellable – All inventory in that warehouse may be sold, provided that the individual products’ selling criteria are met.
- Warehouse marked as Unsellable – All inventory in that warehouse will not be included in the product’s available inventory. However, its inventory will be included in the product’s total physical inventory count.
Adding warehouses via manage warehouse
- Access Inventory > Warehouses > Manage Warehouses.
- Click action menu > Add warehouse.
- Complete your warehouse’s credentials. Check the Default Warehouse box if this is your main warehouse.
- Fill in your address. Click the green flag.
- A notification will appear with the completion of the job. You can view your new warehouse from the Manage Warehouses page.