Introducing Lot Numbers and Expiration Tracking
If you sell perishable items and need a way to track their shelf life, Sellercloud lets you easily track lot numbers and expiration dates. You can make sure expired products are not reaching your customers.
Learn how to add and manage lot numbers and expiration dates in Skustack here.
Configuring Settings in Sellercloud
Requirements for the Product Version
- Skustack has to be at version 3.63 or later
- ShipBridge has to be version 220.127.116.11 or later
- The server needs to be updated on November 9th or later
To enable lot expiration tracking functionality you should configure several settings in Sellercloud first.
- Use bin-enabled warehouses as lot numbers can only be tracked through bin enabled warehouses.
When transferring qty out of a bin enabled warehouse to a non-bin enabled warehouse, the lots will be lost.
- Enable the following client settings: Enable product expiry workflow and Enable Lot Expiry Workflow in Skustack(this setting is currently available only in the original Sellercloud interface). When enabled, the lot expiration tracking is activated in Sellercloud and Skustack.
- Contact Sellecloud Support to enable the following app settings: EnableProductLotExpiry and EnableLotExpiryEntryWhileShippingOrder.
- Mark the product as Expirable on the Shipping Preferences page (Inventory > Manage inventory > select the product > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences).
Importing existing lot numbers
You can use the plugin Product Lot Expiration Import to import lot info for any item that has qty in bins on an expirable product before enabling the workflow (or before marking the product as expirable). For more information about plugins contact Sellecloud Support.
- Go to Inventory tab > Import Product Info.
- Select the Company.
- Select Plugin Product Lot Expiration Import.
- Upload the file from your computer. Please see the Product Lot Import Sample File.
- Click the Import Products Info button.
Managing Lot Numbers in Sellercloud’s Original Interface
There are several ways to check Lot Numbers in Sellercloud’s original interface.
- Go to the Inventory and select Product Lot Number Report.
- To find Lot Numbers for a particular product:
- To see Lot Numbers for a particular order:
Understanding Shipping with Lot Numbers
Shipping from ShipBridge
- When you are shipping orders containing products with lot expiries use Scan & Ship feature (if you try to use Print & Ship it will automatically open Scan & Ship).
- When you scan an item it will bring up the existing lots for that item from the picking bin and you will need to select one.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please configure the ShipBridge setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location) correctly (Go to Menu > Options > Shipping tab):
- If this setting is not enabled, the system will show all lot numbers for the product in the item’s ship from warehouse
- If the setting is enabled, the system will show the available lot numbers based on the warehouse location that’s selected in ShipBridge.
- If you picked it in a different warehouse, you will not see those picked lot numbers available to ship
Shipping from Sellercloud
If the order items are expirable, when shipping from Sellercloud, you will be prompted to select the lot numbers.
If you ship your orders without ShipBridge (or Sellercloud), you will need to somehow arrange for the lot numbers to be removed from the picking bin. Simply adding a regular pick movement will not remove the lot numbers from the picking bin (Learn more about customizing your workspace using Plugins from Sellercloud Support).