Introducing Lot Numbers and Expiration Tracking
If you sell perishable items and need a way to track their shelf life, Sellercloud lets you easily track lot numbers and expiration dates. You can make sure expired products are not reaching your customers.
Learn how to add and manage lot numbers and expiration dates in Skustack here.
Configuring Settings in Sellercloud
Requirements for the Product Version
- Skustack has to be at version 3.7 or later
- Shipbridge has to be version 22.214.171.124 or later
- The server needs to be updated on April 19th or later
To enable lot expiration tracking functionality you should configure several settings in Sellercloud first.
- Use bin-enabled warehouses as lot numbers can only be tracked through bin-enabled warehouses.
When transferring qty out of a bin enabled warehouse to a non-bin enabled warehouse, the lots will be lost.
- Enable the following client setting Enable Lot Expiry Workflow in Skustack (this setting is currently available only in the original Sellercloud interface). When enabled, the lot expiration tracking is activated in Sellercloud and Skustack.
- Contact Sellecloud Support to enable the following app settings: EnableProductLotExpiry and EnableLotExpiryEntryWhileShippingOrder.
- Mark the product as Expirable on the Shipping Preferences page (Inventory > Manage inventory > select the product > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences).
- For Independent kits contact Sellecloud Support to enable the AutoUpdateExpirableStatusOnKitParentsBasedOnComponents app setting:
- This setting will not allow manually editing Expirable on independent kit parents and will make it dependent on the Expirable setting on the components.
- Any time IsExpirable is updated on any components, it will automatically update the kit parent.
- When initially starting to use this workflow, this setting should be enabled before any of the components are marked as Expirable so the parent status will be updated accordingly.
- For any parent that already has assembled quantity, use the plugin to import the lot and expiration information.
Importing existing lot numbers
You can use the plugin Product Lot Expiration Import to import lot info for any expirable item that has quantity in bins before enabling the workflow (or before marking the product as expirable). For more information about plugins contact Sellecloud Support.
- Go to Inventory tab > Import Product Info.
- Select the Company.
- Select Plugin Product Lot Expiration Import.
- Upload the file from your computer. Please see the Product Lot Import Sample File.
- Click the Import Products Info button.
Managing Lot Numbers in Sellercloud’s Original Interface
There are several ways to check Lot Numbers in Sellercloud’s original interface.
- Go to the Inventory and select Product Lot Number Report.
- To find Lot Numbers for a particular product:
- To see Lot Numbers for a particular order:
Understanding Shipping with Lot Numbers
Shipping from Shipbridge
When shipping expirable items, you will need to select from the existing lots in the picking bin for the item. You can use either Scan & Ship or Ship & Print to do this:
- If there is only one lot number for the item in the picking bin, it will be applied to the order item automatically.
- If there are multiple lot numbers available in the picking bin, you will need to choose which one to apply to the order: A window will open in Skustack showing the available lot numbers and quantity in the picking bin. You will have the option to either select just one lot unit at a time or to select all the units from the lot number to apply to the item.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please configure the Shipbridge setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location) correctly (Go to Menu > Options > Shipping tab):
- If this setting is not enabled, the system will show all lot numbers for the product in the item’s ship from the warehouse even if you picked it from a different warehouse
- If the setting is enabled, the system will show the available lot numbers based on the warehouse location that’s selected in Shipbridge
- If you picked it in a different warehouse, you will not see those picked lot numbers available to ship
Shipping from Sellercloud
If the order items are expirable, when shipping from Sellercloud, you will be prompted to select the lot numbers.
If you ship your orders without Shipbridge (or Sellercloud), you will need to somehow arrange for the lot numbers to be removed from the picking bin. Simply adding a regular pick movement will not remove the lot numbers from the picking bin (Learn more about customizing your workspace using Plugins from Sellercloud Support).