Sellercloud’s warehouse management system gives you an opportunity to associate similar products with each other, which can help you replace a product with a related one. Replacement Products differ from product shadows because they are independent and their inventory must be tracked separately. By default, a replacement product relationship goes both ways meaning either SKU can replace the other. However you can set it up that your replacement products only go one way, meaning you can set a specific sku to replace another and not both ways. This can be done by enabling the Client Setting Make Replacement Items One Way only .
Create Replacement Products
In Sellercloud, you can add Replacement Products manually or via a file import. See the subsections below for step-by-step instructions.
Add Replacement Products Manually
- Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory.
- Select the product you want to add replacement products to.
- Click Toolbox, and select Replacement Products.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Edit button. Alternatively, click the pencil icon on the Replacement Products panel header.
- Click the plus icon on the Replacement Products panel header.
- Search for the requested products that match the selected product the most. Alternatively, click Add Filter to narrow the list of return results.
- Select the appropriate items to be added.
- Click Add Selected to keep searching, or Add & Close to finish selection.
Add Replacement Products in Bulk
To add a replacement product(s) with a file import, follow the steps below.
- Access Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info.
- Select the Import Product Replacements option.
- To download a sample template, click the download icon, on the Import Product Replacements panel header, and select the appropriate file format.
- Complete the following columns in the template: ProductID (the SKU you want to add a replacement product to), ReplaceMentProductID (the SKU that will be added as a replacement product to the ProductID specified), Action (not required, used for unlinking a replacement product. The _DELETE_ value is allowed per this field), Priority (not required, used to indicate a priority sequence among other replacement products).
- Save the template file.
- Return to Import Product Replacements.
- Select the associated Company.
- Click the File field, and select the appropriate file from your computer. Click Import.
Export Replacement Products
You can save the list of replacement products for each catalog inventory by following the steps below.
- Access Inventory > Manage Inventory.
- In the grid, select the product(s) whose replacement SKUs you want to include in an export file.
- In the bottom-right corner, click the Actions icon, and select the Export Products (Inventory) option.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the Export Replacement SKUs option. Click Next.
- Select the appropriate file format, and click Export.
- The task will be submitted to the Queued Job list. Once processed, you can download the requested file by clicking the Download Output File button on the respective Queued Job profile.
Manage Replacement Products
You can also create and manage your replacement products using separate inventory tools like Skustack, and Shipbridge.
In Skustack, you can easily find the requested replacements by scanning the products’ SKU, UPC, or Alias. From there, you can associate the products with a few taps.
In Shipbridge, you can scan the replacement SKUs when shipping orders. You must first enable the relevant Allow Scanning of Replacement SKU/UPC option in the tool’s Settings menu.