Understanding Scan and Ship
Scan and Ship removes the need to manually double-check the contents of your orders. It automatically scans everything for you so that your customers receive the products they ordered in the correct quantity.
You can use Scan and Ship in three ways:
- Select orders from the grid and press Scan and Ship
- Click Scan and Ship to scan or enter an order number
- Only use Scan and Ship (disable the grid)
Selecting orders on the grid
- Check the boxes for the orders you want to process.
- Click Scan and Ship to open the Scan and Ship console.
- Now, verify the order items by scanning or manually entering the SKUs or UPCs.
- Optional: Once completed, edit the destination address using the Edit Address tab.
- Review and ensure any accessories or special instructions are included in the shipment.
- Verify the shipping values by clicking Print & Ship. Select the packaging method and shipping services. Here, you can print shipping labels and invoices.
- To require signature confirmation, check the box and select from the drop-down menu.
Using the Scan and Ship button
- Without selecting an order, click Scan and Ship.
- Scan an order number or SKU to display the items. Scanning a SKU lets you grab the order related to that specific item. This feature is helpful for single-item orders.
- Continue as directed above.
Using Scan and Ship mode (disable the grid)
- Select Menu > Options.
- Select the Scan and Ship tab.
- Select the option to Disable the grid (only allow Scan & Ship).
- Click Save to open the Scan and Ship window. This mode only lets you ship one order at a time.
Scanning the same item with multiple quantities
If you have orders with multiple quantities of the same item, you can enable the convenient setting Allow scanning of multiple qty. This lets you scan the item only once and then enter the quantity.