This article explains Scan and Ship option in Shipbridge.
Scan and Ship removes the need to manually double-check the contents of your orders. It allows you to scan your products prior to shipping them and helps you ensure that your customers receive the products they ordered in the correct quantity.
You can use Scan and Ship in three ways:
- Select orders from the grid and press Scan and Ship
- Click Scan and Ship to scan or enter an order number
- Only use Scan and Ship (disable the grid)
Selecting Orders on the Grid
- Check the boxes for the orders you want to process.
- Click Scan and Ship to open the Scan and Ship console.
- Now, verify the order items by scanning or manually entering the SKUs or UPCs.
- Optional: Once completed, edit the destination address using the Edit Address tab.
- Review and ensure any accessories or special instructions are included in the shipment.
- Verify the shipping values by clicking Print & Ship. Select the packaging method and shipping services. Here, you can print shipping labels and invoices.
- To require signature confirmation, check the box and select from the drop-down menu.
Scan and Ship Button
- Without selecting an order, click Scan and Ship.
- Scan an order number or SKU to display the items. Scanning a SKU lets you grab the order related to that specific item. This feature is helpful for single-item orders.
- Continue as directed above.
Scan and Ship Mode (Disable the Grid)
- Select Menu > Options.
- Select the Scan and Ship tab.
- Select the option to Disable the grid (only allow Scan & Ship).
- Click Save to open the Scan and Ship window. This mode only lets you ship one order at a time.
Scan the Same Item with Multiple Quantities
If you have orders with multiple quantities of the same item, you can enable the convenient setting Allow scanning of multiple qty. This lets you scan the item only once and then enter the quantity.
Confirmation Code Process
After you have filtered for the order and scanned its SKUs, you will receive a confirmation code. You will continue scanning orders. When you are finished, scan the code and ship your order.
To enable Confirmation code workflow in Shipbridge, select Use Confirmation Code process to scan items settings on the Scan and Ship tab. Also, you can select the checkbox Print invoice with confirmation code.
To enable: go to Menu > Options > Scan and Ship tab.
If the Confirmation code process is enabled, when you scan all items in the order, the system will generate and print a confirmation code.