You can configure your products’ shipping preferences (like preferred shipping method, shipping weights and dimensions, shipping costs, and packaging information). This will be displayed on your products’ orders in Sellercloud and Shipbridge. In this article, you will learn more about configuring your products’ shipping preferences.
Shipping Preferences Overview
The Shipping Preferences page allows you to control shipping preferences on a product’s level.
- To open this page, go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > select a product > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences.
- To edit any of the panels, click the Edit button at the top right corner of the page.
|DropShip Mode||If you set this to Ship from Vendor, the order will be marked as Dropship: Pending upon creation. If you select any other option, it will be fulfilled normally (Dropship: None).|
|This will be the shipping method selected for orders with this product.
The shipping method selected here will define the shipping carrier and service.
The shipping method selected here will override the Shipping Method Mapping configuration, which maps a certain shipping services to a shipping code (per channel).
|Number of Batteries Included||Fill it in if the product has a battery in it.|
|Require Delivery Signature||If this setting is enabled, the order will require a Delivery Signature before shipping in Shipbridge.|
|Require Delivery Confirmation||If this setting is enabled, the order will require a Delivery Confirmation before shipping in Shipbridge.|
|Allow Ship By Truck||If this setting is enabled, goods can be transported by truck.|
|Require Shipper To Acknowledge Warning||If this setting is enabled, you will see a Warning field that can be specified for your product. Later, this warning will show up in Shipbridge as a message that needs to be acknowledged.|
|Require Shipper To Input Information||If this setting is enabled, you will see an Information Type field that can be specified for your product. Later, this information will show up in Shipbridge as a message that needs to be acknowledged.|
|Require Serial Number Scan in Scan & Ship||If this setting is enabled, the order will require a serial scan before shipping in Shipbridge.|
|Require Transparency Sticker||If this setting is enabled, the product will be marked as needing a transparency sticker.|
|Hazmat||Enable if an order contains hazardous materials.|
|Is Expirable||Enable if the product is expirable. After that, you can configure lot numbers.|
|DOMESTIC SHIPPING COSTS|
|The panel allows you to set costs for several shipping types.
Click Check to open the Shipping Rate Calculator to help you estimate the shipping cost.
|Shipping Package Type||Select Shipping Package Type. The packaging you select goes in Shipbridge based on Shipbridge setting Use CWA package type dimensions (Menu > Options > Shipping).|
|Max Qty Per Package||Enable and set Max Qty Per Package.|
|INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COSTS|
|If you ship outside the U.S., use this panel set costs for shipping to other countries.|
|Set a product’s weight and dimensions in the fields below.|
Order Shipping Rules Configuration
It’s important to know how the different shipping preferences and rules affect your orders. Here are some of the general rules that you should know before configuring the above settings.
- Product shipping preferences take precedence over the per-channel shipping method mapping settings and other shipping rules for your orders.
- Rush orders are an exception to the rule above and will not consider product shipping preferences. Instead, they will follow the shipping method selected on the order.
- When orders have multiple different products with shipping preferences, those will be ignored. The shipping method mapping settings will be considered instead.
Note: The only exception to this rule is orders with multiple quantities of the same product. In that case, Sellercloud uses the shipping preferences for quantity set on the product level. The Client Setting Enable Shipping Preferences for Qty needs to be enabled for this to work.
- When there are no product shipping preferences or shipping method mapping configured, the Shipping Method field on the order will display the shipping method sent by the channel. If you are using Shipbridge to ship your orders, the shipping method will be based on the default shipping settings in Shipbridge under Menu > Options > General.
A number of different shipping preferences can be set per product so that related orders will be processed more efficiently. The product’s shipping weight and dimensions as well as the packaging type can be set, so that it loads automatically in ShipBridge while processing orders. Also, company shipping preferences can be set for more general shipping rules. You can also enter a note/warning and require the shipper to acknowledge the note before printing the shipping label.
- Check Require Shipper to Acknowledge warning.
- A text box will reveal where you can enter a note.
- When selecting the order in ShipBridge the message will display in the message log below the grid. An Acknowledge button will enable the shipper to acknowledge the messages.
Order of shipping method precedence
- The product shipping preferences take precedence over the general shipping rules for standard shipping and over the shipping method requested on the order
- If an order is a rush order, it will not take into account the shipping method set in the product. Instead, it will populate with the shipping method on the order.
- If no method has been selected on the order, it will look at the shipping method mapping for the channel. If there is no method selected there, the system will look at the default setting for Rush Orders in ShipBridge.
- With an order comprised of multiple items that are set to different shipping preferences, SellerCloud will ignore the shipping preferences set on the individual products, and will first look to see if there is a default shipping set at the company level. If not, it will use the default shipping carrier and method that was set in ShipBridge (assuming that you are using ShipBridge to manage your shipping).
To update the product preferred carrier and method use column names: ShippingCarrier, ShippingMethod