Occasionally, different brands of products can be substituted for each other. In fact, they may NEED to be substituted when inventory of the ordered product is depleted. Additionally, you may find that you have too much inventory of a product that can be substituted and setting this product as a replacement allows selling it when orders for the original product are received . This article addresses the process to associate one product as a replacement item to another product in Sellercloud.
Steps to associate replacement products
- Navigate to Inventory > Manage Inventory.
- Click on Keyword or SKU and enter a Keyword/UPC or SKU, click Search.
- Search results are displayed.
- Click on the product to reveal the Toolbox and click on Replacement Products.
- Click on the Edit pencil to reveal the Add, Save, and Exit icons. Click on the + icon to reveal the ADD PRODUCTS dialogue box.
- Begin typing in the search to show products meeting the search criteria.
- Click the checkbox next to the replacement product(s) and select Add Selected or Add & Close.
- The replacement product is now associated with the main product.