Setting and understanding default vendors
You can set a product's default vendor and default vendor SKU under Product > Toolbox > Purchasing > Default Vendor.
You can also assign a default vendor in a bulk update using the column header VendorName. To assign the SKU for this vendor, use the column header VendorSKU
This method of assigning vendors is important for using Search filters on the Manage Inventory
and Manage Orders pages, Predictive Purchasing and Predictive Restocking for FBA.
Note: It is also important in the Reports module, where default vendor is used, but only for non-dropship orders.
Importing vendor SKUs and prices
Go to Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Vendor SKU/Prices.
You can add Vendor SKUs and Vendor Prices to a particular product in bulk using the VendorSKU.txt template. (Purchase orders created with that vendor selected will auto-populate their Unit Cost field with the vendor price.) The file can also be created in Excel and saved as a .txt file.
Template columns are:
- Product ID— product SKU used by Sellercloud as the unique identifier for the item
- Vendor— Use the vendor name
- Vendor SKU— SKU the vendor wants people to use when submitting purchase orders
- Vendor Price— price the vendor charges you for the product
- Is Default Vendor For Product— if there are multiple vendors for a particular product, one can be associated as the main vendor (valid values: True, False)
- Is Available— states if the product is available from the vendor (valid values: True, False)
Tip: You can export this information and template with the Product ID and other data populated to match what is entered in Sellercloud by selecting the items in the Manage Inventory page and selecting Action > Export Vendor SKU.
Adding vendors for individual products
In Sellercloud, you can set a product’s default vendor and default vendor SKU for individual or multiple products. By doing this, you never have to worry about inventory being out of stock. This is because of our Predictive Purchasing and Predictive Restocking for FBA functions that automatically alert your vendors when you need another shipment of products.
- Access Catalog > Manage Catalog. Find your chosen product.
- Click Edit in the top, right corner.
- Refer to Purchasing on the item’s main page. Click on the pencil icon.
- Type in the new Default Vendor and Vendor SKU.
- Use the check mark in the corner to save your changes.
Adding vendors via bulk update
For this function, you are going to use bulk update to import vendor information for multiple products with a template.
- Access Purchasing > Tools > Import Purchase Info.
- Use the option Import Vendors. Choose your template.
- Add the column header VendorName to your template. To assign SKUs for vendors, use the column header VendorSKU. Save your file.
- File > Import.
- To access your queued job, click on the notification or access Queued Jobs from the main menu.
Importing vendor prices
- Access Purchasing > Tools > Import Purchase Info > Import Vendor Price.
- For your columns, use:
- You can use a pre-made template or make your own. Select your File > Import.