In Sellercloud, relationships between entities help you update relevant data once any of those associations are changed. Likewise, the cost of a Dropshipped Order can be automatically updated when the related Purchase Order (PO) is received with different costs.
Update Costs on Dropship Order
The order’s cost will automatically update once the order is shipped, and the associated PO will be received.
- Go to Orders > Manage Orders > Open a dropship order > Actions menu > Dropship Order.
- From the Details panel, click the Purchase Order link.
Note: Alternatively, go to Purchasing > Manage POs > Open the related PO.
- From the newly opened page, you can apply the following changes:
- From the General panel, you can change the currency.
- From the Items Summary panel, you can add discounts from the % icon, and edit items from the icon at the top-right corner of the panel.
Note: The top-right edit icon will open the Items page, where you can change the unit price.
- From the Total panel, you can change the shipping fees, taxes and other totals.
- The cost will be updated when the PO is received and the order is shipped.
Configure Related Client Settings
To access these options, go to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings > Enable the Advanced toggle.
|Update cost on Order from dropshipped PO||Enable this option to allow changing dropshipped Order Costs by vendor prices in the related POs.|
|Enable Track P&L using VendorCost for DropShip PO||Enable this option to allow updating Profit & Loss data on dropshipped orders by vendor prices in the related POs.|
A dropshipped order can be updated with order costs based on the related PO:
- Client Settings > Update cost on Order from dropshipped PO > Save.
- After dropshipping the order, open the related purchase order.
- Enter shipping costs, handling fees, etc.
- Save the PO. The cost will be updated when the PO is received and the order shipped:
- Item Cost = Vendor Price
- Shipping Cost = Shipping Total + Shipping Total third party
- Drop Ship Fee = Small Order Fee + Dropship Fee
- P&L Adjustment = Tax
There is a separate Client Setting to auto-update item cost with the vendor price only: Enable Track P&L using VendorCost for DropShip PO. When selected, the order will update automatically with the Vendor Price on the related PO.
Read more about order costs and profit & loss.