For information on this function in Sellercloud’s original interface, download this file.
Orders can be imported automatically from popular marketplaces as well as from many shopping carts. Each channel is a little bit different and requires its own method for order importing. You can import orders from marketplaces that are not integrated with Sellercloud, or from a database, by using the Order Import tool. Wholesale orders can be imported as well. The instructions below detail how to use the standard Sellercloud import format. However, you can import a file that is formatted differently by using the Order Import Mapping Tool.
- Click Orders > Tools > Import Order Info > Import Channel Orders.
- Select a Company and Channel.
- Download this file for importing order information.
- Populate the fields:
- Save File > Return to Sellercloud > Click to upload file > Import.
Populating the template
Populating all of the fields is optional, but the column headers must remain on the template when importing. For multi-item orders, every line item should be inserted onto a separate row with all the required columns filled out out on each respective row.
- The OrderID will import as the OrderSourceOrderID. The system will assign a Sellercloud order ID
- The orders will come in as Paid
- If you don’t fill out the price of the item being ordered, the plugin will pull the Site Price from that product in Sellercloud. If site price is zero, the order will come in as Unpaid
- Multi-item orders will import as one order (that is; they will not be split into separate orders)
- The RushOrder column can hold either a 1 or a TRUE to mark the order as rush. Anything else (or just leaving it empty) will set the order to NOT rush
- ShipFromWarehouseName should be the name of the warehouse that you want the inventory to be deducted from. This column is optional
- If you don’t fill in ProductDescription, it will pull the product name from the SKU being ordered
- If you don’t fill out ShipToEmail, Sellercloud will automatically generate an email as OrderSourceOrderID@sellercloud.com
- If you decide to fill them out, ShippingCarrierRequested and ShippingMethodRequested must be filled out exactly as how they are spelled on the dropdowns on the Ship Items page (located from the action menu on each order)
Custom order plugins can be created using Sellercloud’s Order API, and they can be set on a scheduler using Order Download via FTP. Using order plugins and the order API, files of any format can be processed and picked up from an FTP on a scheduler. There is also a way to import orders from any email notifications, see Download Orders via Email.
Importing orders from online shopping carts
Miva Merchant order import
Typically, Miva Merchant requires a module to be installed into the site before any integration can be done. As a result of this limitation, Sellercloud is currently importing Miva orders by processing email notifications. To see how to configure these email notifications, read the article Scheduled Tasks.
ProStores order import
Importing orders from a ProStores account is currently a manual process. For information on this procedure in Sellercloud’s original interface, download this file.
- Export orders into a file by going to the ProStores Store Administrator > Support > Export Data.
- On the next page, select a date range. It is better to use a longer date range since Sellercloud will make sure that the same orders aren’t imported twice. ProStores always defaults to export today’s orders.
- After clicking Export, the export file can be downloaded from the next page. The download file always has the same name and will always download the latest file.
- Login to Sellercloud > Orders > Import Order Info > Order Info.
- Select the Company and Channel > Click to upload file > Import.