Sellercloud offers a number of ways to control or reserve your inventory per channel; choose the one(s) that best fits your workflow.
Most of these options can help prevent overselling, especially when selling fast-moving items on multiple marketplaces:
- Limit Availability – Restrict inventory to a specific warehouse for a given channel.
- Safety Quantity – Set a specific quantity that will not be sent to the channel. You can set safety quantity by channel or product.
- Inventory Percentage Per Channel – Send different inventory levels to different channels based on percentages.
- Maximum Quantity – Limit inventory for channels to never show full quantity, even if more are available.
- Fixed Price Quantity – Maximum quantity sent to eBay when posting or revising an item. Similar to Maximum Quantity.
- Custom Inventory Calculations – You can request more advanced inventory calculations that will be custom-built by Sellercloud.
Sellercloud offers yet another option to prevent overselling: Import ordered quantities from Amazon and eBay before these orders are imported. This will reserve items faster than usual to ensure these quantities are not sent to other channels.
When selling low-quantity or fast-moving items, especially on multiple marketplaces, overselling is a risk because inventory and orders are transferred between Sellercloud and channels on a timed basis – usually every 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the channel. Keep this in mind when using the above settings.