Regardless of which service you choose, the cost associated with shipping a package will vary depending on its size. In order to make sure you are paying the right amount for shipping, it’s important to know the exact weight and dimensions of your parcel.
The weight and dimension fields in ShipBridge can auto-populate from product data in Sellercloud. Different values can populate based on settings and order types. Weight and DIM (dimensional weight) can also be entered manually in ShipBridge or read from a scale.
To automatically recalculate the weight in Shipbridge based on the product/item weight:
Navigate to Menu > Option > Shipping. Locate the setting Always recalculate order weight based on product/item weight.
- When the setting is enabled:
- Single-item orders pull from the shipping weight of the product.
- Multi-item orders calculate the total weight based on the product weight of all the products.
- When the setting is not enabled, the weight on the order – Est. Shipping weight on the Shipping Tab – will be used. The Est weight is provided by the sales channel and can often be inaccurate.
Dimensions will populate depending on the order type:
- Single SKU order – will pull from the shipping dimensions of the product.
- Multi SKU order – will not populate with any dimensions.
- When a package type has been selected, the dimension of the package type can be auto-populated. Navigate Menu > Options > Shipping. Enable the setting Use CWA package type dimensions where available. Please see the sample screen below.
Use DIM weights in Rate Calculations
Dimensional weight (DIM) factors in the length, width, and height of a package when calculating shipping weight rates. This has become important since carriers are more strict about using DIM weight. Read more about DIM weight here.
To select the option of using DIM Weight in rates calculation:
Apply settings for different carriers
|FedEx||ShipBridge will always include the package dimensions in the requested file.|
|UPS via Web services or Worldship||Click Menu > Options > Shipping tab > select Populate package dimensions in shipping label requests > Save.|
|USPS via Web services or DaZzle||Click Menu > Options > Shipping tab > select Populate package dimensions in shipping label requests > Save|
Save Weights and Dimensions Back to Products
You can easily set the package weight and package dimensions in ShipBridge and save it back to the product in Sellercloud. When the next order for this item comes into ShipBridge, it will already have the predefined weights and dimensions, negating the need to re-weigh and re-measure the package.
- Enter the weight and dimensions in their respective columns in the shipping grid.
- Repeat for multiple orders.
- Select the orders, open the Menu, and select Save Weights Back To Products.
- Use the action Save Dimensions to save the dimensions back to the product.
- Select the action Save Weights and Dimensions Back to Products to save the weights and dimensions back to the product.
- The shipping weight and shipping dimensions field will update on the product’s home page.