Understanding gift orders
Sellercloud allows you to configure orders as a gift order, prepare a gift message, and add optional gift wrap. Gift details and instructions will display in Sellercloud, ShipBridge, and on the invoice to help ensure that the order is processed according to the customer’s instructions.
Adding gift options to orders
- On the order detail page, select Toolbox > Gifts Details.
- Mark the order as a Gift Order.
- Check Gift Wrap > Enter a Gift Message > Enter the Gift Wrap Fee > Select Gift Wrap Type (if applicable).
- Click Save.
- If desired, enable the Client Setting > Charge Tax on Gift-Wrap.
Gift order features
- Order will have Gift Order status
- Gift Order details, such as gift wrap and message, can be viewed on the Gift Details page in your order
- You can enable Show Gift Message to see the gift order message on an invoice. This is done via the Invoice Settings page (Company Settings > Toolbox > Invoice Settings)
- The invoice will not show the charged amount but will only print an invoice receipt
- When there are extra charges for gift wrapping, the extra charge will be itemized in the P&L tab on the Order Detail page. Gift wrapping is charged on a per item basis, but only the sum total of all wrapping charges will display
- A gift icon will notify the shipper about the gift order status
- Gift wrapping instructions will display in the notification window
- When using Scan and Ship, the wrapping instructions will display in the Scan and Ship window
- The shipper will be required to acknowledge the wrapping instructions before shipping
Amazon Gift Orders
Amazon sellers can offer their customers the option of adding gift messages and a gift wrapping service. Wrapping options, including offering up to 4 wrapping types, need to be set on the account level in your Seller Central account.
Gift Orders options are enabled at the product level in Sellercloud. On the Amazon properties page:
- Click Toolbox > Amazon > Product Defaults.
- Enable the Gift Wrap and Gift Messages options.
You can also bulk update the products using the column headers GiftMessagesAllowed and GiftWrapAllowed:
- Create a template with the columns headers GiftMessagesAllowed, GiftWrapAllowed, and ProductID.
- Populate the columns > Save file > Return to Sellercloud.
- Go to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Bulk Product Update.
- Select file > Upload.
Amazon orders with the gift order option will come in with the order as described above.