Quote orders allow you to create orders without reserving inventory. This is typically done for wholesale customers who want to see pricing or get a quote, before actually placing an order. However, it can be done for any type of order and any customer. This is helpful for establishing repeat customers because you can offer them transparent upfront rates and order costs. This article covers how to set quote orders, how to send quote order invoices, and how to convert quote orders back to normal.
Configure Quote Orders
To set an order as a quote:
- Go to Orders > Manage Orders > Open an order.
- In the Statuses panel, click the pencil icon.
- From the Order Status drop-down, select Quote and Save.
Once this is done, you can print an order invoice to email directly to the customer. The invoice will be marked as a Quote Order Invoice.
- On the Order Details page, select Actions > Email Customer.
- At the bottom of the General panel, check Send Invoice. You can add a new attachment or use the default one.
- Type your subject and message > Send.
Once the customer approves the quote order, you can convert it back to normal order. On the Order Details page:
- Click on Actions > Set in Process.
This will resume the picking, payment, and fulfillment of the order. You can manage and automate specific settings per wholesale customer to make future order purchases efficient and seamless.
A quote order is a means of creating orders without reserving inventory. This is typically done for wholesale customers who want to see pricing or get a quote, before actually placing an order. When the order is approved the order can be updated as a regular order.
- Make sure that client setting Enable Wholesale Options in Manage Orders Action Menu is enabled.
- On the order detail page open the Action menu and select Set as Quote Order. Press GO.
- The order status will be set as Quote.
- Typically you would print an order invoice or email it to the customer directly from Sellercloud. The invoice will be marked as a Quote Order Invoice.
- When the order is approved by the customer, open the Action menu and select Set InProcess. This will remove the quote status and reserve inventory.