Organizing your returned merchandise in Sellercloud can be managed in different ways. It is recommended to use the workflow described here as a simple and effective way to avoid any possible errors:
- Create an Untested (or any suitable name) Warehouse that will accept your returns. This warehouse must be marked as non-sellable.
- Use this warehouse to receive all returned items. Since it is not sellable, you can avoid mistakenly listing or selling defective items.
- Inspect the returned products:
- If they are defective, you can make an inventory adjustment to remove them or return them to the vendor.
- Items that are in the same condition to be sold again can be transferred to a sellable warehouse, while items that have changed condition but are still able to be sold, can be transferred to another SKU that has the updated condition.