Some suppliers have restrictions on which sales channels their products may be sold. The “Restrict Product For Channel” feature lets you mark products as restricted from selling on a specific channel or channels.The marked products will be restricted from posting and updating to the channel and will be excluded in inventory or pricing feeds.
- Select products on the Manage Inventory page. All products selected will be restricted from the same channels.
- Click Action Menu > Restrict/Unrestrict for Channel > Go.
- Choose Restrict or Un-Restrict from the dropdown.
- Choose the channels > Continue.
- On the restricted channel’s properties, a note shows the restriction, including the user who restricted the product and the restriction timestamp.
- See a list of products restricted from channels under Inventory > Channel Restricted Products.
- To remove a restriction, select the product(s) here, choose the restricted channel from the Channel dropdown, and click Select Action > Remove Restriction > Go.
Understanding channel product restrictions
Some suppliers have restrictions on which sales channels their products may be sold. The Restrict Product For Channel feature lets you mark products as restricted from selling on a specific channel or channels. The marked products will be restricted from posting and updating to the channel and will be excluded in inventory or pricing feeds.
Setting channel restrictions
You can set channel restrictions from your Manage Catalog page or from your Settings.
To set restrictions from your Manage Catalog page:
- Go to Manage Catalog > Select products > Action icon > Restrict/Unrestrict Products For Channel.
- Select Channels > Choose to restrict or unrestrict > Update.
- A notification will confirm this action’s success.
To set restrictions from your Settings:
- Go to Settings > Client Settings > Brands > Click Edit Brand.
- Check Restricted for channels you want to restrict > Click Save.
Managing channel restrictions
On the Channel Restricted Products page, you can manage all product restrictions. Here, you can filter by Channel, SKU, or Add Restricted Products.
You can remove restrictions by clicking on the desired channel icons. Or, you can do it in bulk on the Manage Catalog page.