FBA Product Labels
Check out this short video tour on FBA product labels!
FBA product labels are 3-inch by 1-inch labels that are stickered onto each unit to identify the unit to FBA. While you can generate FBA labels from your Seller Central account, all products in the FBA inbound shipment will print onto an Avery-style label sheet. Because the labels are printed next to each other, products may be labeled incorrectly.
However, when printing these labels through Sellercloud, they will print onto a strip of labels through a thermal printer and grouped by product. Also, Sellercloud's FBA labels include the FNSKU and the internal SellerCloud SKU, so your shipping department can easily recognize the product. The label also shows the product name, condition, and a scannable barcode. You can also add expiration dates for perishables, and serial numbers for luxury items and electronics.
All of these features help ensure that the products in your shipment will be labeled correctly.
However, if printing with Avery-style sheets is actually preferred, see Printing labels in other formats, below.
Printing standard labels
After previewing an FBA inbound shipment, you can print a label for each unit in the shipment.
NOTE: The client setting Allow print FBA Product labels even shipment is saved Only controls whether you can print labels before previewing an FBA inbound shipment.
Adding item expiration dates to labels
- Select Enable Expiry date for Amazon FBA shipments in the Client Settings.
- In the FBA inbound shipment, click Action Menu > Prepare Quantity.
- On the following screen, enter the SKU or UPC of an item in the shipment, or click Find to do a general search of items in the shipment.
- Click on the item's SKU. The screen will refresh to display the SKU in a grid.
- If all units of this SKU have an identical expiration date, enter the quantity of all SKUs in the Prepared Qty Now field.
- Select an expiration date from the calendar at the end of the row.
- Click Save and Print to print the labels with the expiration date.
- You can also save the labels and print them later from the Action Menu
Adding a serial number to a shipment
- On the FBA inbound shipment's Prepare Quantity page, click Action Menu > Manage Serials > Go.
- Select a shipment from the dropdown.
- Select a prepared product in the shipment from the dropdown.
- In the text box, enter or scan in the serial numbers for all prepared units.
- Click Save.The serial numbers will be saved as a record to the shipment for reference.
Printing labels in other formats
The labels described above are for Sellercloud's standard FBA product labels. However, the labels can be modified using plugins. For example, you can print Avery-style sheets with the 30 Per Page FBA Label plugin. If the plugin is not on the Print Product Labels page Action Menu, contact Sellercloud Support
to place it on your server.
Printing FBA barcodes
You can also Print FBA Barcodes from the Action Menu. By default, this will print the FNSKU label and the product title for the selected SKUs, one per page. Additional customizations are available through Sellercloud plugins.
Printing Amazon shipment ID and box name
The Amazon Shipment ID and box name can be printed on the label if this information is available. This can be enabled by Sellercloud Support with the AppSettingPrintFBAProductLabelUsingShipmentNumberAndBoxName.
FBA product labels are 3-inch by 1-inch labels that are affixed onto each unit to identify the item to FBA.
Generating labels from Sellercloud will let you print a strip of labels through a thermal printer, and includes other features to ensure that all products in your shipment will be labeled correctly (Show me):
- Labels are automatically grouped by product on the label strip
- Includes the FNSKU for when Amazon disallows using the items’ original barcode
- Includes the internal Sellercloud SKUs so your shipping department can easily recognize items
- Shows product name, condition, and scannable barcode
- Can also have expiration dates added for perishables
Sellercloud will generate labels as downloadable PDF files in the required format with the exact quantity of labels for the number of units.
You can select the Amazon label format on a product’s Amazon Properties when the product is set to Fulfilled by: Amazon. Check out the different label types:
You can use plugins to print custom labels. For example, if you want to print Avery-style sheets, you can use the 30 Per Page FBA Label plugin. (If this plugin is not in the wizard’s Format list on the Print Product Labels window, contact Sellercloud Support to place it on your server.)
Printing FBA product labels
There are several locations where you can print FBA product labels:
- From the FBA inbound shipment wizard:
- From an FBA inbound shipment:
- Amazon Shipments section – Click Edit > Print product labels prints labels for the selected items (Show me)
Adding expiration dates to product labels
If you want perishable items to show expiration dates on their printed labels, add dates in the Item Quantities section of the FBA inbound shipment wizard’s Boxes tab.
- In the FBA inbound shipment > click the wizard’s Boxes tab.
- In the Item Quantities section, select the shipment > click the Expiration Date’s calendar > choose date > Save. (Show me).