OverviewIn this article, you will learn about Sellercloud’s Inventory Aging Report. This report provides an analysis of the estimated age of the inventory in stock based on previous receivings of particular items. The accounting principle used in making these calculations is referred to as FIFO (first-in, first-out), where when an item is sold, the oldest inventory items (earliest purchased items) are considered as sold first.
- Shadow inventory is grouped under the Parent SKU.
- Inventory in Dropship and Interim Warehouses is excluded from the calculation.
- The most recent receive date was 15 days ago with a received quantity of 5.
- The previous receive date was 45 days ago, also with a received quantity of 5.
- The report will show that Product A has a quantity of 5 with an inventory age between 0-30 and a quantity of 2 with an age of 30-60
- Finally, it will provide an Average Inventory Age based on the calculation of the sum total receiving of the day divided by the quantity in stock. The calculation is (5*15(most recent receive date))+(2*45(earlier receive date))/7 =23.57
Access and Customize the ReportTo use the report, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Reports > Inventory > Inventory Aging Report.
- Set up the Default and Custom filters to have the report show precisely what you need.
- Click Search. Each filter you apply gets highlighted in a different color. If a filter is gray or not displayed at all, it’s not active.
- To manage the columns in the report, click the three dots icon on the top right and select Customize Columns. You can:
- To sort the data differently, use the Sort by menu.
- To save your filtering and sorting options, click Save view, type a Name and click Save.
- To export the full report to a spreadsheet, click Actions on the bottom right and select Export to Excel. Spreadsheets include all columns, including those hidden in the report.
Filter and Column DefinitionsClick the drop-downs below for filter and column descriptions.
|Company||Include only products from one or more companies.|
|Brand||Include only products from one or more brands.|
|Calculate Age of Independent Kits based on Kit Assembly Date||Whether to calculate the age of independent kits based on their assembly date or not.|
|Company Groups||Include only products from one or more company groups.|
|Manufacturer||Include only products from one or more manufacturers.|
|Product Status||Include only active or inactive products.|
|ProductGroups||Include only products from one or more product groups.|
|Purchaser||Include only products assigned to one or more purchasers.|
|SKU||Include only one or more SKUs.|
|Vendor||Include only products from one or more vendors.|
|SKU / Product ID||Shows the unique SKU code assigned to the product. Shadow products are grouped with the Parent SKU.|
|Product Name||Shows the product’s name.|
|Age: 0-30, 31-60, 61-90, 91-120, 121-180, 180+||Shows the number of units in a specific age range.|
|Average Age||Shows the average age of the available product units.|
|Last Sold||Shows when the product was last sold.|
|Last PO / Date of Last Purchase||Shows the creation date of the last purchase order including the product.|
|Last Received||Shows the date on which a purchase order including the product was last received.|
|Qty From Last Receiving||Shows the number of units received from the last purchase order.|
|Qty Prior To Last Receiving||Shows the number of units available before the last purchase order.|
|Age Since Last Receiving||Shows the number of days passed since the product was last received.|
|Cost On Last PO||Shows the price of a single product unit in the last purchase order.|
|Available Qty||Corresponds to Available Qty on the product page. If a warehouse is not sellable, you will see 0.|
|Adjustment Qty||Shows any positive or negative adjustment amounts to orders.|
|Inventory Cost||Shows the total cost of the product inventory.|
|Potential Profit||Shows a calculation of the potential profit between sales and the current availability of the product. (InventoryAvailableQty * SitePrice) – (InventoryAvailableQty * SiteCost)|
|Profit Margin||Shows the markup percentage of profit between sales and the current availability of the product. ((InventoryAvailableQty * SitePrice) – (InventoryAvailableQty * SiteCost)) / (InventoryAvailableQty * SitePrice) * 100)|
|Product Margin||Shows the markup percentage of profit between the Site Price and costs of the product. (SitePrice- ProductCostOnLastPO) / SitePrice Note: Your products must have a Site Price set for this calculation.|
|Site Cost||Shows the current value in the Product Summary’s Site Cost field.|
|Site Price||Shows the default product price used for website and sales channels.|
|Average Cost**||Average Cost – Shows the cost of units continually averaged. Costs are averaged from the price on the PO at the time the POs are received. Learn more about average cost here. **Only available when you export the report data to a spreadsheet.|