Sellercloud lets users easily add and manage product and channel-specific images. Make sure that your Image Hosting Settings are configured properly first. Find out how easy it is to upload and manage product images in Sellercloud’s Delta interface.
Product Image Types
Sellercloud can be set up to host images of your products and send those images to different channels while publishing your catalog as needed. For example, if you upload an image to Sellercloud for product X, it will automatically be used when publishing product X to eBay, Sears, and Magento.
Product images can be classified as:
- GalleryImage — Some channels use gallery images for displaying search results on the web page. Other channels, like eBay, use them for both the search results and the product detail pages.
- DescriptionImage — For some channels, the description image is displayed full-size on the product details page. When publishing items to eBay, it is placed in the HTML product description template.
- Supplemental Image — These images are displayed in the product’s extended image gallery.
Manage Product Images
You can upload images to your products individually, in bulk with a file upload, or via API.
You can upload images from the product details page:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select a product.
- Optional: Go to Inventory if you wish to upload a warehouse image.
- Open the Image Manager by tapping the icon on the image or selecting Image Manager from the Toolbox.
- Upload a new image or update the existing one.
- You can drag and drop images using Imagebridge, Sellercloud’s desktop tool.
In Bulk via File Upload
- Go to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Import Product Images.
- Download the template, enter the image URL into the FileName column, and use the other columns to set the image placement. Save the file.
- Return to Sellercloud and navigate to File.
- Select the saved file and tap Import.
- Optionally, you can use the Bulk Product Update with column headers like GalleryImageURL, DescriptionImageURL, SupplimentalImageURL1, etc. This will add the image(s) to the product.
You can add images, delete images, and retrieve images using the Sellercloud API service. Retrieving images is the same as exporting images but provides you with the image ID instead of the Excel output file.
Export Product Images
You can export your images using the Manage Catalog page or Custom Export.
To export images from the Manage Catalog page:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select your product(s) > Action menu > Export Products (Catalog) > Standard > Product Images.
- Open the queued job and download the output file when the job is finished.
To export images with Custom Export:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select your product(s) > Action menu > Export Products (Catalog).
- In the newly opened window, select Custom and press Next.
- Move the desired Available Columns to Selected Columns by hovering over them and clicking the Plus sign.
Note: You can use column headers like GalleryImageURL, DescriptionImageURL, SupplimentalImageURL1, etc. Read more about the column headers you can use in the Bulk-Update and Custom Export Columns article.
- When ready, press Export, and download the input file from the queued job.
Channel-Specific Product Images Upload
The channel-specific images feature allows you to send different images for each channel listing. It can be set for channels such as Amazon, Walmart, Magento, your Website, and more.
To enable it, go to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings > Channels and check the Enable Channel Specific Product Images box.
You can add channel-specific product images individually or in bulk via a file upload.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Choose your product.
- Click on Toolbox > Image Manager.
- Choose your channel from the Product Images drop-down menu.
- Import or Upload a new image.
- Go to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Import Product Channel Specific Images.
- Download a template or make your own. Use the columns below.
- Press Import.
Column Header Definition ProductID Product’s SKU. ImageID The ID of an image already uploaded in Sellercloud. This can be used to update existing images’ properties. To obtain the ID, open the image in Sellercloud and copy the last several numbers of the image’s URL. Channel Name of the channel for the image. IsPrimary Sets the image as Primary and will be used for the Description. Use TRUE to set the image as primary or FALSE to update primary status. IsAlternate Sets the image as an alternate. It will be used as the thumbnail image on the channel. Populate columns as true TRUE to set image as alternate or FALSE to update alternate status. Caption Image’s Alt Text or Tag. ImageSource Used to track the image source (e.g. Amazon, eBay). ImageURL Only used when uploading new images that will be set as channel-specific. An ImageID will automatically be assigned once the image is created. Thumbnail Images that appear in search results for specific channels. Swatch Swatch images are used in variations. For instance, in a listing with multiple colors, the swatch image would be the image of the color. SortIndex The sort index is used to sort non-primary images (Other Images, Thumbnails, Swatch, etc.) in a certain order.
Using the Image Manager
From the product detail page, you can browse to the product-specific Image Manager and upload images to the product. Upload a product into the Image Manager panel by clicking “View All” in the panel. In the Image Manager, upload the image file and complete the fields as desired.
This lets you drag and drop images using Sellercloud’s own desktop tool, ImageBridge.
Pulling image URL via the Sellercloud API
You can pull the main image URL using the Sellercloud API service GetAbbreviatedProductInfo. More information can be found on our API documentation.
Understand channel-specific images
The channel-specific images feature lets you send different images to different channels.
You can use this feature to send a compliant image to Amazon, which require images with a white background, and send your image with a background to another channel.
This feature is available for the following channels:
- Walmart Marketplace
Add channel-specific images
- Enable the Client Setting Enable Channel Specific Product Images.
- Click the Image Manager. Upload your images if they are not already there.
- Open an image > Click Manage Channel Specific Images > Select a channel.
- Select Primary if you want to set the image as a Main Description Image. Select Other Image or Thumbnail to send images as supplemental.
- Save Settings.
Add channel-specific images in bulk
You can add or update channel images in bulk with a file import:
- Click Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Images Info.
- Download the template for channel-specific images.
- Populate the table and import it back in Sellercloud.