Prerequisite: This feature requires selecting the Client Setting Enable Custom Company Settings. The custom settings will store company-level information for use by the plugins and channel integrations.
Lowe’s has its own EDI integration through CommerceHub, which will provide instructions and an FTP or VAN for testing and production.
The integration workflow comprises the following components:
- Seller: Create a separate company for Lowe’s, and then fill out the required custom company settings.
- Sellercloud Support: Create the required custom order and product columns.
- Sellercloud Support: Install the Lowe’s plugins on the server.
- Seller: Create saved searches and scheduled tasks for the installed plugins.
Creating the custom company settings
To create the custom company settings required by the plugins, open your Lowe’s company’s Toolbox > Custom Settings > Input the settings listed below:
- Lowes_ISAID— provided to the client by Lowes
- Lowes_CustomerISAID (usually the client’s phone number)
- ExportMultipleWarehousesOnLowes846— For multi-warehouse mapping (set the value to TRUE)
- Lowes_WarehouseCodeMapping— Enter the value in this exact format:
- Where WarehouseID = Sellercloud ID for the warehouse; WarehouseCode = Lowes ID for the warehouse; and SafetyQty = quantity you choose. Example: 100,Sample Whse Code 20,1
* ISAControlNumber, GSControlNumber, and STControlNumber can all start at 1. The tracking and inventory exports will increment this number accordingly.
Creating the custom columns
Sellercloud Support will create the following settings for your Lowe’s company:
- Custom columns for orders:
- IsShipToStore (boolean-type column)
- Lowes_StoreNumber (string-type column)
- Custom product column:
Installing the plugins
A plugin contains instructions on how to create an import or export file. For example, instead of just mapping the order of columns for an export file, a plugin lets you do more complex tasks. You can also manipulate values that are exported, allowing the file to conform to any standard.
Sellercloud Support will install the following Lowe’s plugins onto the server. Note: The table below also describes the type of saved search that the seller will create for the plugins’ scheduled tasks.
Lowes Inventory Export EDI 846
Lowes Order Import 850 with 997
When using FTP with CommerceHub, all documents for all CommerceHub integrations will be sent to the same FTP directory. Thus, if you are using FTP instead of VAN, the setting to “Delete files after processing” on the task should be set to FALSE, so as to not delete the files from other integrations. To alert the plugin that the Lowe’s order files must be deleted after processing, the scheduled task’s Queued Job Note should be set to “FTP.”
Tracking Export (856) – Lowes Order Export EDI 856
|SAVED SEARCH AND SCHEDULED TASK
Order Export (855) – Lowes Order Export EDI 855
SAVED SEARCH AND SCHEDULED TASK
Lowes Invoice Export EDI 810
|SAVED SEARCH AND SCHEDULED TASK
Lowes Packing Slip PDF
Creating saved searches and scheduled tasks
Each of the plugins requires that a scheduled task be set up, which Let you configure certain action for automatic recurrence at specific intervals. Each scheduled task will use saved searches (see the plugins table above for each required search).
For example, a scheduled task for the Lowe’s Tracking Export would use a Lowe’s Tracking saved search. Show me where.