In this article, you will learn about Sellercloud’s Product Profit Details report. This report shows details about Profit and Loss (P&L) for each individual product’s order and non-order transactions within a specific period:
- Order transactions – Debits (sales and payments, etc.) and credits (returns and refunds, etc.)
- Non-order transactions – Sources can include:
- Product-related transactions from the Amazon and eBay settlement reports
- FBA disposal fees from the FBA Removal Shipment Order report
- FBA inbound shipping costs (see note at top)
- Product fees for Amazon’s sponsored ads’ total “Spend” (if imported from Seller Central’s Sponsored Products Ad report)
You can see the following:
- Product Information Details: SKU, Product Name, ASIN, Brand, Manufacturer, Product Type, and Original Shadow SKU.
- Sales and Revenue Details: Quantity Sold, Quantity Returned, Subtotal, Shipping, Tax, Other Charges, Grand Total, Payments, Refunds, Adjustments, Items Cost, Shipping Cost, Commission, Tax Payable, Tota Fees, Accrual Profit, Cash Profit, Accrual Profit Margin, and Cash Profit Margin.
- Orders and Transactions Details: Transaction Type, Transaction Date, Order ID, Channel, Channel Order Number, Channel Order Number (2), Order Date, Order Item Number, Order Subtype, Marketing Source, Purchaser, Sales Rep, Sales Rep 2, Ship Date, Ship From Warehouse, and Shipping Carrier.
- Customer and Location Information Details: City, Company, Country, CustomerEmail, State, Zip, and Wholesale Customer.
- Costs and Fees Details: Co-Op Fee, Discount, Dropship Fee, Gift Wrap, Handling, Insurance, Items Rebate, Posting Fee, Shipping Discount, Shipping Fee, Transaction Fee, Unit Price, and Vendor.
This report can show FBA inbound shipping costs by product when filtering the Date Type by “Transaction” and the Channel by “FBA.” Dividing the cost per unit in the FBA shipment and showing it in this report is an alternative workflow to manually applying the cost per unit to the related orders as an adjustment.
Access and Customize the Report
To use the report, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Reports > Profit & Loss > Product Profit Details.
- Set up the Default and Custom filters to have the report show precisely what you need.
- Click Search. Each filter you apply gets highlighted in a different color. If a filter is gray or not displayed at all, it’s not active.
- To manage the columns in the report, click the three dots icon on the top right and select Customize Columns. You can:
- To sort the data differently, use the Sort by menu.
- To save your filtering and sorting options, click Save view, type a Name and click Save.
- To export the full report to a spreadsheet, click Actions on the bottom right and select Export to Excel. Spreadsheets include all columns, including those hidden in the report.
Filter and Column Definitions
Click the drop-downs below for filter and column descriptions.
|Company||Include only orders from one or more companies.|
|Channel||Include only orders from one or more sales channels.|
|Date Range||Select a preset time range from Yesterday to Last Year.|
|Date||Enter the Start and End dates. For a single date, choose the same Start and End date.|
|Date Type||Choose how to reflect orders and their associated activity:
|Accounting Basis||Accounting Basis – Choose between:
Note: This is related to settings that affect the default behavior of the report. To learn more, see Order Profit Calculation – Cash vs. Accrual.
|Brand||Include only orders with products from one or more brands.|
|Company Groups||Include only products from one or more company groups.|
|Manufacturer||Include only products from one or more manufacturers.|
|Order #||Include only one or more specific orders by order number.|
||Include only products from one or more product groups.|
|Product Type||Include only products from one or more product types.|
|Purchasers||Include only products bought by a specific purchaser.|
|SKU||Include only one or more SKUs.|
|Settlement ID||Include orders with specific settlement IDs. A settlement is a channel’s order-related fees, commissions, and taxes.
|Settlement Status||Include only Amazon and FBA orders in one of two ways:
|Show Precise Item Cost||Show the precise item cost up to 4 decimal places.|
|Show Products By Kit Component
||For kit products, show the kits’ component SKUs. Otherwise, the kits’ parent SKUs are shown by default. Note: This works for all kit types.|
|Show Products by Original SKU
||Select Yes for the filter to show orders’ shadow SKUs. Select No to show the orders’ parent SKUs.|
|Vendor||Include only products from one or more vendors.
Note: For Dropship orders, this will be the vendor that the products were actually purchased from.
||Include only orders from one wholesale customer.|
|Transaction Date||Shows the date when the transaction occurred.|
|SKU||Shows the product’s SKU. For shadow products, this filter is dependent on the Show Products by Original SKU setting.|
|Order ID||Shows the Sellercloud order number.|
|Channel||Shows the order’s sales channel.|
|Product Name||Shows the product’s name.|
|Qty Sold||Shows the number of product units sold.|
|Qty Returned||Shows the number of returned products.|
|Subtotal||Shows the total amount of the items before any discounts, tax, shipping, etc.|
|Shipping||The amount paid for shipping the order.|
|Tax||Shows the amount paid for tax for the order.|
|Other Charges||Shows the total handling, insurance, gift wrap, discount, and shipping discount.|
|Payments||The actual amount the buyer paid (usually the same amount as Grand Total unless there was an underpayment or overpayment).
Note: Only shown if you set the Accounting Basis custom filter to Cash.
|Refunds||Shows the total refund amount from orders.|
|Grand Total||Shows the total amount of the order, calculated as such: (Subtotal + Shipping Total + Handling + Insurance + Gift Wrap + Tax) – (Discount + Shipping Discount).
Note: Only shown if you set the Accounting Basis custom filter to Accrual.
|Adjustments||Shows any positive or negative adjustment amounts to orders.|
|Items Cost||Shows the total amount paid to purchase all items, including refunds and other fees. This amount is based on the item cost on the date of the order, and the calculation method selected in the client setting Order Profit & Loss Calculated Using. This setting lets you calculate by Average Cost, Site Cost, or Last Cost. To get more information, go to Order Item Cost Calculation.
If the cost of an item on an order is changed manually, follow these steps to have the updated cost reflected in the order’s profit and loss.
|Shipping Cost||Shows the cost of outbound shipping. Includes refunds on shipping costs.
Enabling Predict shipping cost of an order in Client Settings will calculate an Estimated Shipping Cost based on the last 30 days.
When the Shipping Cost field is marked with an E, this indicates the Estimated Shipping Cost is being shown.
|Commission||Shows sales rep commission fees.|
|Total Fees||Shows the total sum of the following: shipping cost, commission (channel selling fee), transaction fees (PayPal processing fee), posting fees (eBay listing fee and Reverb bump fee, dropship fees, co-op fees, and tax payable.|
|Profit||Cash Profit or Accrual Profit, based on the Accounting Basis custom filter.|
|Profit Margin||Cash Profit Margin or Accrual Profit Margin, based on the Accounting Basis custom filter.|
|ASIN||Shows the product’s Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN).|
|Brand||Shows the product’s brand.|
|Channel Order #||Shows the channel-specific order number.|
|Channel Order # (2)||Show a secondary channel order number.|
|City||Shows the customer’s city.|
|Co-Op Fee||Shows an allowance fee from select channels.|
|Company||Shows the company.|
|Country||Shows the customer’s country.|
|Customer Email||Shows the customer’s email address.|
|Discount||Shows the amount of any discounts applied to the order.|
|Dropship Fee||Shows the vendor dropship fee.|
|Gift Wrap||Shows the amount paid for gift wrapping for the order.|
|Handling||Shows the amount paid for handling.|
|Insurance||Shows the amount the buyer paid for order insurance.|
|Items Rebate||Shows the incentive amount the vendor reimburses for a product’s promotion.|
|Manufacturer||Shows the product’s manufacturer.|
|Marketing Source||Shows the name of the marketing source.|
|Order Date||Shows the date when the order came in.|
|Order Item Number||Shows the Item Number.|
|Order Subtype||Shows the order subtype.|
|Original Shadow SKU||The original orders’ shadow SKU. Only shown if the Show Products by Original SKU filter is set to No.|
|Posting Fee||Shows the eBay listing fee and Reverb bump fee.|
|Product Type||Shows the product type.|
|Profit Status||Shows the profit status – Actual or Estimated.|
|Purchaser||Shows the purchaser’s contact email address.|
|Sales Rep||Shows the sales representative assigned to the order.|
|Sales Rep 2||Shows the second sales representative. You will see it only if you select Enable Multiple Sales Reps in the Client Settings.|
|Ship Date||Shows the date set for shipping of the order.|
|Ship From Warehouse||Shows the warehouse from which the product shipped.|
|Shipping Discount||Shows any discount applied to the shipping.|
|Shipping Fee||The amount paid for shipping the order.|
|Shipping Carrier||Shows the carrier of the shipping.|
|State||Shows the customer’s state.|
|Tax Payable||Shows the tax payable part of the order.|
|Transaction Fee||Shows the Paypal processing fee.|
|Unit Price||Shows the product cost per unit.|
|Vendor||Shows the product’s vendor.|
|Wholesale Customer||Shows the name of the wholesale customer, if they are one.|
|Zip||Shows the customer’s zip code.|