With Sellercloud, you can prepare sale listings for your products on the Magento website. All of the parameters sent to Magento are company-related and configured individually for each company. The values of those parameters are managed from the Magento Properties page of the product being posted to Magento.
Product Fields Explained
To open the Magento Properties page of a particular product:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open the product.
- From the Toolbox, select Channels > Magento Properties.
- Alternatively, click on the Magento icon on the Manage Catalog grid (see the figure below).
To modify any parameter of the Magento-enabled product, click Edit in the upper right corner. Make the appropriate changes and click Save.
You can access different controls and options from Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company > Toolbox > Channels > Magento > General Settings. When configured, the relevant option will appear on the Magento Properties page.
The table below lists and describes the General panel’s fields on the Magento Properties page.
|Enabled||Select the checkbox to display the product on the Magento site. With Matrix products, both the parent and all the children have to be Magento Enabled.
When updating a product via a bulk update, enter True/False values in the respective MagentoEnabled column header.
|Merchant SKU||Displays the Merchant SKU identifier of the selected product.|
|Website IDs List||Displays the IDs of available Magento websites.|
|Exported For Magento||Allows exporting product info on Magento.|
|Inventory And/Or Price Update On Magento Needed||Triggers an update of the product’s inventory and price.|
|Visibility||Indicates the Magento places the product will be available at.|
|Ready To Post||Shows whether the product meets all requirements to be posted on Magento.|
The table below lists and describes the Pricing panel’s fields on the Magento Properties page.
|Apply Map||Use this option to manage product price on a channel using the minimum advertised price (MAP).|
|Display Actual Price||Displays the actual product price.|
|Cost||Displays the Product Cost that is pulled from the Site Cost field (product’s Details page).|
|Price||Displays the Product Price that is pulled from the Site Price field (product’s Details page). To manually change that value, deselect the Default checkbox.|
|Special Price||Displays the special sale price of the selected product within a specific time period.|
|Special Price From Date||Displays the first date of the special price promotion.|
|Special Price To Date||Displays the last date of the special price promotion.|
|Tax Class||To manually change the Tax Class value, deselect the Default checkbox.|
Listing Details Panel
This panel displays standard and custom (if configured) product attributes on Magento. When an individual attribute set is uploaded, the customized attributes will appear beneath the standard ones. For configuration, go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company > Toolbox > Channels > Magento > Attributes Mapping.
The table below lists and describes the Listing Details panel’s fields on the Magento Properties page.
|Attribute Set||Select the pre-configured set of product attributes|
|Magento Categories||Specify the matching product category on Magento. For configuration, go to the company’s Categories toolbox.|
|Enter the title of a product to be displayed on Magento. Maximum 255 characters are allowed per this field.|
|Enter a brief description of the product to be displayed on Magento.|
|Enter a full description of the product to be show up on Magento.|
|Select the product’s producer.|
|Enter the Manufacturer Part Number the product has been assigned to. Usually used to identify individual products.|
This panel displays actual inventory data adjusted specifically for Magento. For configuration, go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company > Toolbox > Channels > Magento > General Settings.
The table below lists and describes the Inventory panel’s fields on the Magento Properties page.
|Displays available inventory of the selected product.|
|Displays the quantity of the selected product that will be available on Magento.|
|To manually set the safety quantity for a product, deselect the Use Default checkbox.|
|Sets the minimum quantity required to allow purchasing of the product. To manually set the quantity, deselect the Use Default checkbox.|
|Sets the maximum quantity required to allow purchasing of the product. To manually set the quantity, deselect the Use Default checkbox.|
|Specifies the quantity under which the product will be marked as Out-of-Stock.|
|Leave the option enabled to display the product on the front end of your Magento website.|
|Select Yes to display the product on Magento even if it is out-of-stock. The item will be able to be purchased as a backorder.|
The table below lists and describes the Shipping panel’s fields on the Magento Properties page.
|Allows you to enter the weight of a single product item.|
|Select this option to allow free shipping.|
Tier Pricing Panel
This panel displays special discount pricing for buyers who are purchasing in bulk. Prices can be individual to each customer group or to each individual product. To add tier pricing, follow the steps below.
- On the Magento Properties page, click Edit.
- Select the group you want to offer a discount and enter a discount. The discount can be a dollar value or a percentage of the regular price.
- Enter the quantity the customer has to purchase to qualify for the discount.
Customer Pricing Panel
This panel displays the customer groups pre-configured for the company. For configuration, go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company > Toolbox > Channels > Magento > Customer Pricing Group.
Channel Images Panel
This panel stores product images to be displayed on the Magento website. Press the Pencil (Edit) icon to upload images for Primary, Thumbnail, Swatch, or other product previews. You can also import images by their URLs.
Meta Info Panel
This panel displays meta information, which is used to optimize products’ searches on Magento.
|Enter the name of the product.|
|Enter key phrases for the product.|
|Enter a brief description of the selected product.|
Custom Columns Panel
Shows individually configured fields, which will be displayed on the Magento website. For more information, refer to the Custom Product Columns article.
The table below lists and describes the options present in the Actions menu on the Magento Properties page.
|Post Product on Magento||Lists a product on Magento. Make sure the General panel’s Enabled box is checked first.|
|Update Inventory on Magento||Once the product quantities fields are changed, select Update Inventory on Magento to manually send those changes to Magento as well.|
|Update Price on Magento||Once the product price field is changed, select the Update Price on Magento to manually send the new value to Magento.|
|Update Inventory and Price on Magento||Simultaneously updates the product’s inventory and price changes on Magento.|
|Update Images Only on Magento||Pushes the product image updates on Magento.|
|Connect/Disconnect to Inventory||Updates the inventory connection.|
To learn more about how to update Magento listings, see Updating Products on Magento.
Note: SellerCloud supports multiple versions of Magento, and integrates with V188.8.131.52 (current) back to V1.8.6.
Navigate Inventory > Product >Toolbox > Magento Properties or click on Magento Icon on Manage Inventory grid. There are five tabs in the Magento Properties page:
- General Settings
- Manage Pricing
- Manage Tier Pricing
- Manage Meta Data
- Manage Images
- Manage Inventory
General Settings Tab
- The product must be “Magento Enabled”. Otherwise, an inventory of zero will upload for that product. With Matrix products, the parent and all variation children need to be “Magento Enabled”. This field will also update the product “Status” field on Magento. Bulk update with column header MagentoEnabled. Expected values are True or False.
- Select a Magento Attribute Set. Attributes that have been created and linked to that attribute set on Magento will display on the Magento properties page beneath the standard attributes. Attribute sets are downloaded into SellerCloud on the Magento General Settings page. See below for updating attributes in bulk. You can also map attributes from SellerCloud to Magento using the Magento Attributes Mapping Page.
- Edit product info, if necessary.
- To set safety quantity for product individually, uncheck Use Default checkbox to open the safety quantity field.
- Select category from Magento Category Tree.
- Enable Free Shipping on product if desired.
- Price is pulled from Site Price on Product Summary page. Editing it here will change it on the Product home page as well.
- Create special sale price with date range.
- Please read Magento Tier Pricing.
- Meta data is configured here
- All images will display in the image grid. Select the Base, Small, and Thumbnail Images.
- Set minimum and maximum quantities required to allow purchase, if desired.
- Entering a value into the Quantity to Make Out of Stock field will cause the product to be considered “out of stock” when the inventory level falls to that value.
- The Stock is Available checkbox is enabled by default and must remain enabled for the product to display on the front end of your Magento website.
- Allow Backorder – select Yes if you would like your product to be displayed on Magento even when there is no quantity. The item will be able to be purchased as a backorder.
- Use the attribute_code to fill in the Attribute Name column, or use the numerical ID to fill in the AttributeID column. This ensures that the correct attribute column is being updated (as two display names are sometime identical).
To list on Magento:
To list variations on Magento:
In Magento you need to create an attribute for each drop-down list of options that you want the matrix to have. Once you do this, or if you have one already created, you need to add it to the attribute set you plan to use for the product in SellerCloud.
Based on the attribute name, create the N-Matrix in SellerCloud.
All children and the parent must be enabled and ready in SellerCloud. Then you will post the parent to Magento which will send the children with it.