Introducing importing orders
ShipBridge lets you easily collect orders from different channels in a single click. All popular marketplaces, such as Amazon, Rakuten, eBay, Newegg, etc., are integrated into a single convenient interface. Simply import orders from Sellercloud into ShipBridge, based on your chosen filters, then you can correct any inaccurate or missing information and ship them out whenever you’re ready.
Explore this article to learn:
- How to import orders into ShipBridge
- Where to find specific order information
- How to edit order information
Using the Orders grid
- When you first open ShipBridge, a blank grid will appear.
- Select filters in the Filter area.
- To import orders, click Refresh List.
- All unshipped orders will populate the grid. Orders that are on hold, unpaid, or marked for dropshipping will not load into ShipBridge. This requires some configurations on the company Shipping Preferences page in Sellercloud.
- Multi-package orders will import as one order (that is, they will not be split into separate orders).
Understanding order information
Orders are loaded to ShipBridge with order details including:
- Shipping address:
- Shipping method:
- Other shipping information:
This is a combination of information originating from the order source such as Amazon and eBay and product information, which is stored in Sellercloud on the Shipping Preferences page and Shipping rules.
Editing order information in ShipBridge
For your convenience, all order information is populated, but you can easily edit this information in two easy steps:
- Click on an individual cell.
- Edit the information.
Editing shipping carrier and method
ShipBridge integrates with all popular shipping carriers. You can edit shipping carrier and method from order information cells.
Editing order customer information
ShipBridge also offers functionality for editing customer information. You can find it at the bottom left of the page.
Editing order information in the pop-up window
You can use the Edit Order pop-up window to change even more information about orders, such as insurance, serial numbers, and tracking.
- Right-click an order.
- Select Edit order.
- The Edit Order pop-up window will open. Use the tabs to select the section you need to change.
Changing shipping info on multiple orders
You can change the carrier and weight on one or multiple orders in ShipBridge through the following steps:
- Select an order that already has the desired carrier and weight values.
- Open the Menu > Copy Row Info. (The entire row will turn gray.)
- Select the order rows that you want to copy the shipping method into, by checking the order and holding down the your keyboard’s SHIFT key so that all rows turn blue.
- Select Confirm Copy on the Menu, and the selected rows will update.
- If you select Cancel Copy on the Menu, the process of copying will be stopped.
- Shipping the order now will ship it with the updated method; however, this is only a temporary update. Clicking Refresh List will return it to the previous shipping method.
- To update permanently, after completing the above process, open the Menu and click Save List, or select the updated orders and click Save Selected Orders. The orders will be permanently updated in ShipBridge and Sellercloud, and the invoices will reflect the updated method (when the method is shown on the invoice).