The order promise date is the Ship-By Date – the date by which you need to ship the order before the channel marks it as late shipping. The promise date is based on the lead time to ship on the listing and is calculated by counting business days only. You can see the date in the order, and filter orders by promise date.
Some channels provide Sellercloud with a promise date, others do not. Below is a list of channels that provide a promise date.
Promise Date in Amazon
To receive the Promise Date in the Amazon reports feed, you must enable it from Amazon:
- Log into SellerCentral with your Amazon account.
- From the top Orders menu, select Order Reports.
- Click Add or remove order report columns on the right.
- From the list of Optional Columns, enable the Ship Dates.
- The Earliest ship date will be used as the promise date for Amazon.
Note: You can find the promise date in the Amazon Flat File Order Report (go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Select your Company > Toolbox > Amazon > Reports. Download a Flat File Order Report from the Response ID field.
Promise Date in eBay
Sellercloud can pull the Promise Date for eBay orders from their API:
- Company > Toolbox > eBay > General Settings.
- Click Get Open Auth Token. This prompts a login to eBay with this message:
- Click Agree to save the token in Sellercloud. Every new order will now be checked and updated with the correct Promise Date (Handling Time).
Promise Date in Sellercloud
- To view the promise date on the Order Details page, select Display Order Shipping Promise Date in Client Settings. It will appear in the General panel.
- You can filter orders by promise date by applying Custom filters on the Manage Orders page.
- In the Reports module, the Fulfillment Report tracks shipping performance based on the promise date.
- Newegg orders are automatically put on hold if the user doesn’t ship it by the promise date. This is because Newegg automatically cancels the order due to late shipment. Read more here.
- When creating orders manually, you can add the Shipping Promise Date.
Promise Date in Shipbridge
- You can sort orders in Shipbridge by promise date. Enable the Unshipped tab’s Promise Date column by going to Menu > Customize Interface > Unshipped tab > Select Promise Date). You can sort orders by the Promise Date column.
- You can configure Scan and Ship to load orders chronologically based on an earlier promise date when scanning an SKU. Go to Menu > Options > Scan and Ship > Select When scanning an SKU, load order based on Promise Date.
Channels Providing Promise Date
- Amazon— Unshipped Orders Report
- Walmart Marketplace (Version 3 +). More information is available here.